Our 2018 Conservation Adventure Volunteer Program gives individuals without a Marine Biology Qualification the chance to work alongside our marine biologists and the local community.
Over a 4-week period you will help with our conservation efforts by assisting with research, support our education improvement program, and enjoy many wonderful diving experiences with amazing animals, including our manta rays, whale sharks and humpback whales!
- PADI Dive Training (get qualified!)
- Participate in coral reef surveying
- Participate in fisheries research
- Ocean safari and megafauna training
- Free-Diving (Basic Training)
- Help improve local learning facilities
- Support swimming lessons for local kids
- Learn to source and cook local food
- Learn basic Portuguese and Bitonga (our local dialect)
- Go on safari in the Greater Kruger Park Ecosystem
- Other fun activities including surf lessons, yacht trips and a cultural tour!
The price includes everything you will need from when you step off the plane, you just need to bring any cash you want for souvenirs, extra snacks etc.
Whenever you volunteer abroad, you should always check out the organisation you’re going with and their ethical policies. Here at Love The Oceans we’re committed to ensuring your volunteer time is used both ethically and efficiently.