Volunteer in the world’s highest country and stay and work with local communities to experience Nepal’s rich history and vibrant culture and create lasting change.You will join forces with local people still affected by the effects of the 2015 earthquake to improve access to water, sanitation and hygiene facilities. Challenge and equip yourself with new skills on the Adventure Leadership Trek by trekking through the spectacular Ruby Valley. You and your team will take charge and make your own path climbing up to 2500m – a unique challenge to boost your leadership abilities, team working skills and resilience.
Community Project – Water, Sanitation and Hygiene
Nepal’s famous Gorkha region was badly affected by the huge earthquake in 2015. Many people here are still rebuilding their lives. A lot of water sources and water infrastructure in the rural communities in the region were damaged or were very basic in the first place. You will help build gravity fed water systems and hand washing facilities and positively influence access to water and sanitation facilities. You will work alongside communities to change behaviours that will positively change their lives and health.
In your adventure phase you will trek through the stunning Ruby Valley (climbing up to 2500m) & pass through rural mountain villages.
Adventure Leadership Trek
You will embark on an adventure in the Ruby Valley in Dhading. You’ll trek up hills, through local villages, beautiful farm terraces and see stunning views of the central Himalayas. Led by our local guides and Raleigh leaders, your trek will allow you to explore the incredible scenery that Nepal is famed for. Trek requires courage to venture outside your comfort zone, and there are highs and lows. Supporting one another through these moments, the friendships formed on trek are often some of the strongest on Expedition because of all that you have shared and learnt together.
- Work with local people still suffering from the 2015 earthquake to improve their access to water and sanitation facilities on the Community project.
- Work with Nepali youth to help create a more inclusive society.
- Trek through the spectacular Ruby Valley climbing up to 2500m and pass through rural mountain villages on the Adventure Leadership Trek.
- Stay with local families in the foothills of the Himalayas.
- Contribute to achieving the Global Goals for Sustainable Development (SDGs).