Membership EnquiriesNetworking. Promotion. Business Improvement.
Why join Year Out Group?
2. YOG keeps members up to date with changes in legislation that will impact on their activities.
3. Our members meet twice a year to network, listen to industry speakers and to consider issues that might impact on their businesses.
4. The press and media approach us regularly for information and comment on gap years. We feature in the broadsheets, radio and TV.
5. Members are able to contact Year Out Group for help and advice or simply to talk through an issues they are working on.
6. YOG has an independent arbitration service through which members can settle disputes with clients.
7. Our website is well established and attracts future particpants from all over the world, mostly in the 18-30yrs age group and from the UK & USA.
8. We only promote programmes run by our members because we know they have met our selection criteria and are committed to our upholding our charter and code of practice.
9. Advisors and parents use Year Out Group to recommend gap year providers to students.
9. We are well known amongst schools, universities and careers advisors as an organisation that provides comprehensive & impartial advice to students and parents. They often ask us or our members to give talks or webinars about the benefits of gap years and how to plan for them.
- A registered company
- At least 1 year of full operations
- At least 1 year of trading accounts
- Public and employee liability insurance
- Financial failure insurance or bonding where required
- Company is ‘the provider’ and therefore accountable to clients
- Authentication of programmes
- Risk assessments and crisis management plans
- Fair terms and conditions
Year Out Group will be working with these business with a view to them attaining full membership in the future. Please remember to use our questions to ask organisations check list with them or indeed any organisation whether they are a member or not.
Associate members provide travel services have submitted evidence to prove they are legitimate companies but they are not required to meet the conditions we expect of Full members. Any programs or services they sell or recommend are therefore NOT vetted or approved by Year Out Group.
As with all our full members, Year Out Group cannot provide any guarantee of organisation particulars. See Disclaimer
Fees (ex Vat)
|Category/Turnover||Standard fee||Enhanced fee (3 listings)||Additional listings|
|Associate Membership||£450.00||n/a||plus £100|
|Overseas Membership||£500.00||n/a||plus £100|
|less than 0.15m||£500.00||n/a||plus £50|
|0.15 -0.499||£650.00||plus £150||plus £75|
|0.5-0.999||£850.00||plus £150||plus £75|
|1.0-1.499||£1,000.00||plus £150||plus £75|
|1.5-1.999||£1,250.00||plus £150||plus £75|
|2.0 -2.499||£1,500.00||plus £150||plus £75|
|2.5+m||£1,750.00||plus £150||plus £75|