Coral Cay ConservationFully Approved Provider since 2000
About Coral Cay Conservation
Coral Cay Conservation is an award-winning, not-for-profit organisation that specialises in tropical marine conservation, community education and capacity building projects in developing countries.
Founded in 1986, Coral Cay has pioneered a citizen science approach to conservation, training volunteers to survey coastal ecosystems in order to help local communities set up effective conservation measures such as Marine Protected Areas.
There are no other voluntary conservation organisations in the UK – and possibly in the world – that have had more of a profound impact on coral reefs than Coral Cay Conservation.
Effective, well-led volunteer projects, based on solid science, reap tremendous results in pure conservation terms
Our projects are open to people from all ages and walks of life. All our training takes place at the project site through a comprehensive Skills Development Programme.
Want to make a difference?
We ensures that you gain all the necessary skills needed to survey the tropical marine environment and contribute directly towards their preservation.
As a marine volunteer you will learn to Scuba dive and conduct marine surveys analysing the ecological status of reef systems.
Joining one of our expeditions will give you the chance to explore some of the most beautiful locations in the world whilst helping to preserve these threatened ecosystems.
“I never thought I would learn as much about the oceans, environment, conservation, diving, people and culture.
The excitement of diving with the reward of surveying has made me passionate about the oceans.
I will definitely be pursuing conservation further at university and in my career”.
What will you gain from joining a CCC expedition?
• Earn your PADI Open Water and Advanced Open Water qualifications, learning to dive on some of the most beautiful reefs in the world,
• Develop valuable practical skills in conservation science to help you propel your career,
• Comprehensive science training covering species identification, tropical reef ecology and survey methodologies,
• Gain your Reef Check qualification,
• Comprehensive First Aid training,
• Make a real difference towards the conservation and preservation of one of the planets most endangered ecosystems,
• Be directly involved in community projects, teaching local kids about the marine environment.
What will you get up to with Coral Cay Conservation?
Sorry, there are no progammes to show at this time.