Ski Patrol is a thrilling and demanding job – it doesn’t get much more exciting than becoming a patroller and saving lives on the slopes.
This comprehensive course covers all the qualifications you need to become an elite first responder in an outdoor environment. The patroller training programme is available to skiers and snowboarders and certifies the participant to be a member of mountain rescue teams in both summer and winter climates – it is an ideal course for any outdoor adventurer.
Included in the package:
- Flights and transfers
(if selected upon booking – flights are from London)
- Shared central hotel accommodation during training
- Breakfast and evening meals
- Season lift pass
- Resort representative
- Ski Patrol training
- Ski Patrol mentoring & shadowing
- Heli-skiing adventure day
- Pre-season training plan
- Job search assistance & working visa advice
Modules & Qualifications:
- Module 1: CPR – BLS for Healthcare Professionals
- Module 2: Non-Urban Occupational Emergency Care, Level 3
- Module 3: Advanced Protocol Training
- Module 4: Rope Rescue
- Module 5: Aerial Lift Evacuation & Self Evacuation
- Module 6: Patient Extrication & Evacuation
- Module 7: Avalanche Skills Training, Level 1
- Module 8: Risk Management
- Module 9: Incident Investigation
- Module 10: General Patrolling
- Module 11: Helicopter Orientation, Air Evacuation, Air Rescue
- Module 12: GPS & Compass Orientation
- Module 13: Mentoring
During the course you will stay in the stunning Panorama Mountain Resort, with full use of their outdoor hot pools and hot tubs. The hotel is located just steps from the lift, and is ski to door – so no long bus journeys at the start of the day.
This course ends with a heli-skiing experience day, where you will experience the real back country and put all your newly learnt skills to use. Full details of the training package, resort and accommodation can be found on our website – follow the link the below for more information.