Namibia is a fascinating country that cannot be compared to any other. It’s a place to experience wide-open spaces, friendly people, unique heritage and magnificent landscapes. A wonderful place to visit, volunteer and fall in love with the country, Namibia offers a unique adventure in its unspoiled desert sands.
– a wildlife conservation project in rural Namibia.
– a medical program, ideally suited for public health volunteers or students studying medicine.
Botswana on the other hand, in its mystery and beauty is perfect for volunteers looking for an adventure. Botswana’s landscape is defined by the Kalahari Desert and the Okavango Delta, which becomes a lush animal habitat during the seasonal floods. It is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful countries in Africa with its majestic wildlife, natural wonders and warm locals.
– our Botswana project involves community development, social programmes and conservation initiatives.
- Learn about Khoi-San traditions and culture in Namibia.
- Provide medical care for very isolated communities.
- Care for neglected, abused or injured sanctuary animals.
- Learn about conservation and research efforts in Namibia and globally.
- Assist in wildlife conservation and educational projects in rural Botswana.
- Make new friends from over the world.
- Get 24-hour support from dedicated Good Hope Volunteers staff.
“Being part of the volunteer team in the medical project was one of the best experiences I’ve had in my life. I can describe it as a life-changing opportunity, because you’re able to get in touch with San’s reality, which is one of the hardest and discriminated way of life I’ve ever seen. The project showed me how a simple gesture of affection and attention is important for anyone, even in the moment of weakness and of a disease, and can help others go through difficult times. In the end, I could realize that the love I gave to them it was given me back as a lesson about the most valuable things in the world”.
Carolina – Volunteer at the Medical Project